Monday, June 8, 2009

The Beginning

I depart for Washington DC on next Wednesday the 17th. A city I sadly haven't visited since the sixth grade.



My internship doesn't start until the following Monday, June 22nd, but after speaking with a few "DC veterans" I was advised to get there early and take in the city and its historical icons. As a senior in high school, I thought about majoring in history but my parents did not look upon the idea so favorably. I guess father and mother do "know best" because I couldn't be happier with my decision to major in Accounting and Economics.



However, I still believe there is a lot to gain through looking at history from both a personal and business standpoint. History certainly has a tendency to repeat itself. The practices of successful leaders in the 18th century may very well apply to my career today or in the future, so I am excited about the opportunity to indulge in the history of our nation for a few days.



This is my first blog ever so please forgive me for all its imperfections. But I do hope to keep it entertaining and informative. If anything, once you get to know me, it seems as though if anything eccentric can happen, it will happen to me. Although this concept has created a few awkward and unusual moments in the past, it always yields a pretty good story. Hopefully,we can come across one or two of these stories while I am at our nation's capital so our readers can laugh with me or at me.



If you have any questions for me at any time, please do not hesitate to email me. I will certainly do my best to give full details about the work I'm doing as well as the "DC experience."

5 comments:

  1. BIG DOG with his own BLOG..Keep up the good work..DRC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you future president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Josh,

    I am so happy for you. You will make a change by pursuing your dreams. Keep us updated, and never forget that adversity is what drives us to do better for us, and for others.

    I will be looking for a job at the begging of next year in DC. Maybe, I will see you there some time after graduation.

    Have lots of fun in DC!!!

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a safe trip. I look forward to hearing about your adventure in politics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We want to hear about the first weekend and the first day!

    ReplyDelete